*For EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Platinum Mastercard only
EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Mastercard Terms & Conditions
- "Bank" refers to EastWest.
- "Card" refers to the EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Platinum or World Mastercard issued by the Bank pursuant to the license by Mastercard International.
- "Cardholder" refers to the person to whom the Card was issued.
- "KrisFlyer Programme" or "Programme" refers to the frequent flyer programme maintained by Singapore Airlines where Cardholders can accrue KrisFlyer miles based on their card usage and where, at certain mileage levels, KrisFlyer Members can redeem award tickets or flight upgrades.
- "KrisFlyer Account" means such account individual to each KrisFlyer Member, which is maintained by Singapore Airlines and which tracks the accrual and redemption of KrisFlyer Miles by the KrisFlyer Member. For purposes of this Programme, a Cardholder cannot nominate a KrisFlyer Account that is in another personâ€™s name.
- "KrisFlyer Miles" means the miles awarded to Cardholders from Eligible Transactions on their Card subject to the Terms herein.
- "Terms" refer to the Terms and Conditions of the EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Mastercard.
- "Eligible transaction" means any transaction successfully charged to the Card as defined in Clause 4. b. of these Terms; provided the same is/are not excluded under Clause 4. c. of these Terms.
- "Cut-Off Date" means the day that the Statement of Account or billing statement for a Card Account is generated.
- "Cycle Month" means the period beginning on the cut-off date to the day before the next cut-off date of the Card Account.
- "Redeemed" refers to the transfer of earned KrisFlyer Miles from the Bank to a Cardholderâ€™s KrisFlyer Account.
- "Good standing" means Card Accounts that are not delinquent, not under investigation due to suspected fraudulent activities, and those who have not, otherwise, violated any of the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of EastWest Credit Cards.
- The Programme is open to all Cardholders in good standing at the time of KrisFlyer miles crediting and as defined under these Terms or otherwise determined by the Bank.
- If a Cardholder's Card is terminated at any time, and/or for any reason, whether by the Cardholder or the Bank, the Cardholder will immediately be disqualified from earning KrisFlyer miles and all KrisFlyer miles earned but not yet redeemed shall automatically be forfeited immediately after the termination of the Card.
- Transfer of KrisFlyer miles from an expired or closed Card Account or KrisFlyer Account will not be allowed.
- Cardholders whose accounts have reached sixty (60) days past due then later on availed of any collection program or offer shall have their KrisFlyer miles forfeited despite eventual payment of their Card Account.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility to earn and accumulate KrisFlyer miles or otherwise participate in the Programme shall be resolved by the Bank at its sole discretion.
- The Bank is entitled, at any time, in its absolute discretion, and without needing to give any reason and/or notice, to terminate the Card Account, or cancel, and/or invalidate, or reverse any KrisFlyer miles already granted.
NOMINATION OF KRISFLYER ACCOUNT
- A Cardholder will need to nominate a valid KrisFlyer account at the time of card application. In cases where the KrisFlyer membership number is not available or erroneous at the time of card application, the Bank will assign a KrisFlyer membership number to the cardholder.
- A Cardholder may only have KrisFlyer miles credited to a KrisFlyer Account in his/her name. Further, Cardholderâ€™s KrisFlyer name should be the same as his/her passport name. Should there be discrepancies in the name, Cardholder should contact KrisFlyer Membership Services.
- A Cardholder may request for change in name, date of birth or gender on their KrisFlyer member record by sending a written notification to KrisFlyer Membership Services. The Cardholder shall submit relevant legal documents as proof of change. Other changes to personal data such as change in residential or e-mail address may be made by accessing his/her KrisFlyer account at krisflyer.com.
- If a Cardholder changes his/her KrisFlyer Account at any time, he/she needs to advise the Bank of the new KrisFlyer membership number.
EARNING AND AUTO-REDEMPTION OF KRISFLYER MILES
- A Cardholder will earn KrisFlyer miles from eligible local and international transactions.
- Cardholders shall be awarded KrisFlyer miles according to the table below:
|Singapore Airlines Group, including but not limited to, Singapore Airlines, SilkAir, Scoot and KrisShop spend
||3 KrisFlyer miles for every Php45 spend
||3 KrisFlyer miles for every Php36 spend
|International/cross-border spends, online spends, hotel bookings, travel agency transactions, airline spend, international cash advance
||3 KrisFlyer miles for every Php45 spend
||3 KrisFlyer miles for every Php36 spend
|Local spends (including Quick Bills1)
||1 KrisFlyer mile for every Php45 spend
||1 KrisFlyer mile for every Php36 spend
||1 KrisFlyer mile for every Php45 monthly amortization
||1 KrisFlyer mile for every Php36 monthly amortization
|Welcome bonus miles
||3,000 KrisFlyer miles for Php100,000 local and/or internatioal retail spends within 3 months from card activation date
||6,000 KrisFlyer miles for Php200,000 local and/or international retail spends within 3 months from card activation date
|Anniversary bonus miles
||5,000 KrisFlyer miles for Php100,000 local and/or international retail spend within 12 months from card approval date, and within 12 months between anniversary dates thereafter
||15,000 KrisFlyer miles for Php200,000 local and/or international retail spend within 12 months from card approval date, and within 12 months between anniversary dates thereafter
|Cap on KrisFlyer miles earning
1Quick Bills allows you to automatically charge your utility and telecommunication bills, and insurance premiums to your credit card.
- Transactions not eligible for KrisFlyer miles earning include, but are not limited to, local cash advance, quasi-cash, gaming, gambling, online trading and other related transactions, InstaCash, Balance Transfer and Convert-to-Installment transactions, refunded, disputed, unauthorized or fraudulent transactions, annual membership fees and other fees and charges. The Bank reserves the right to exclude the eligibility of transactions for KrisFlyer miles earning.
- KrisFlyer miles are earned once eligible transactions are posted to the Card Account, not on the transaction dates. Transactions made by the Supplementary Cardholder shall form part of the Principal Cardholderâ€™s transactions and shall qualify for KrisFlyer miles earning under the Programme.
- KrisFlyer miles shall be computed on a per eligible transaction basis, rounded down to the nearest mile, excluding decimal values. For purposes of this computation, each transaction must have a minimum value of Php45 for Platinum Cards and Php36 for World Cards. The computation of miles will be based on increments of Php45 and Php36 for Platinum and World Cards, respectively. Please see below for a representative table on how KrisFlyer miles are computed using a Platinum Card:
|Transaction 1: Local spend
||= Php700/Php45 = 15 miles
|Transaction 2: Hotel booking
||= Php12,000/Php45 = 800 miles
|Transaction 3: Local cash advance
||= 0 miles
|Transaction 4: Merchant installment
||Php9,000, payable in 3 months
||= Php9,000/3 mos.
= Php3,000/ Php45
= 66 miles each month that the monthly amortization is posted
|Total miles earned for the month
- KrisFlyer miles earned for the current month shall be accrued to the Cardholderâ€™s account on the next cycle and shall be reflected on the next cycleâ€™s Statement of Account (SOA). Unless the Bank hears from the Cardholder within thirty (30) days upon delivery of his/her monthly SOA to his/her billing address and/or e-mail address, the KrisFlyer miles earned indicated in the SOA shall be considered correct and final.
- KrisFlyer miles earned per statement shall be automatically redeemed ("auto-redeemed") and posted to Cardholderâ€™s KrisFlyer Account after two (2) weeks. If the Cardholder opts to cancel his/her Card Account prior to the scheduled auto-redemption of earned miles, the unredeemed miles will be forfeited in favor of the Bank.
- Once credited to the Cardholder's KrisFlyer Account, the KrisFlyer miles will have a three-year validity from the time of crediting. Cardholders may refer to their KrisFlyer statement of account for details on their KrisFlyer miles validity.
Note: The KrisFlyer miles for PPS Club members will not expire, as long as they remain PPS Club members.
- A KrisFlyer Account which has not recorded any activity for a consecutive period of thirty-nine (39) months from the date of the last recorded activity will be closed without prior notice. A KrisFlyer Account that has been inactive for a consecutive period of eighteen (18) months from the date of commencement of membership will also be closed. In cases where the KrisFlyer Account is closed, the Bank shall assign a new KrisFlyer membership number where earned KrisFlyer miles shall be credited. Cardholders may refer to the KrisFlyer Membership Terms and Conditions to know more about activities in their KrisFlyer Account.
- Should Cardholder have two (2) existing KrisFlyer Accounts, s/he should call KrisFlyer Membership Services to request for consolidation of his/her KrisFlyer Accounts. Cardholder should advise the Bank of the surviving KrisFlyer membership number where his/her earned KrisFlyer miles should be credited to.
- Earned KrisFlyer miles shall not be auto-redeemed if:
- The Card is blocked or for replacement.
- The Cardholder's KrisFlyer Account has expired or has been cancelled.
- The Cardholder's Account is not in good standing.
- The Bank shall reverse auto-redeemed KrisFlyer miles related to any disputed/charged back transaction resolved in favor of the Cardholder. The Bank shall be entitled to reverse the corresponding KrisFlyer miles auto-redeemed even if such reversal causes the Card Account to have a negative number of outstanding KrisFlyer miles.
- Manual redemption of earned KrisFlyer miles shall not be allowed.
- KrisFlyer miles are not transferable to any other EastWest credit card account even if the other account is under the same name.
- Once a Cardholderâ€™s account becomes thirty (30) days past due, Cardholderâ€™s earned KrisFlyer miles shall not be auto-redeemed. These miles will be redeemed by the Bank on the next Cycle Month after the Cardholder updates payment on his/her Card Account, provided that said account has not reached sixty (60) days past due.
- The Bank reserves the right to temporarily or permanently disqualify any Cardholder from the Programme and forfeit any KrisFlyer miles earned in favor of the Bank, if:
- The Cardholder's account or other EastWest credit card account is sixty (60) days past due.
- The Card is cancelled.
- The Card is converted to another non-EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Mastercard. Earned KrisFlyer miles shall not be converted to points, cash rebates or other forms of compensation.
- The Card account is declared fraudulent or counterfeit.
- The Cardholder has violated any of the Terms and/or any of the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of EastWest Credit Cards.
- In cases where a Cardholder upgrades from an EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Platinum Mastercard to an EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer World Mastercard, all outstanding KrisFlyer miles at the time of upgrade will be redeemed. Earned KrisFlyer miles shall not be transferred from the Platinum to the World Card.
BONUS MILES CONDITIONS
- Cardholder's bonus welcome miles shall be credited to his/her Card Account upon reaching the eligible spend requirement within ninety (90) days from card activation date.
- Cardholder's bonus anniversary miles for reaching the annual eligible spend requirement shall be credited to his/her Card Account on the Cycle Month following the Cardholderâ€™s card open date, and the Cardâ€™s succeeding anniversary dates.
- Card Account must be in good standing to be eligible for the Welcome and Anniversary Bonus Miles.
- EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Platinum Mastercard Cardholders who voluntarily request for their existing card to be upgraded to an EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer World Mastercard shall no longer be entitled to Welcome Bonus Miles.
- In the event of card upgrade from EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer Platinum Mastercard to EastWest Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer World Mastercard, Cardholder's accumulated spend for the Anniversary Bonus Miles will be reset to zero.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility of the Card or eligibility of earned KrisFlyer miles for auto-redemption shall be resolved by the Bank at its sole discretion.
- The Bank shall, at its sole discretion, have the right to vary, modify or amend the conditions of the KrisFlyer Programme such as, but not limited to, the manner of calculation of the earned KrisFlyer miles, the spend-to-miles conversion, the inclusion and exclusion of merchant categories for miles earning, and the eligibility of transactions for the KrisFlyer Programme as stipulated in the Cardâ€™s communication materials. Further, such modifications or amendments shall be effective on such date or dates as determined by the Bank.
- By signing or using the Card, the Cardholder expressly agrees that the Bankâ€™s eligibility criteria and miles earning for the KrisFlyer Programme are final and binding. The Cardholder likewise consents to and agrees to fully abide by these Terms.
- The Bank may amend or modify from time to time any of these Terms upon reasonable notice to the Cardholder.
- The Cardholder agrees that the Terms and Conditions Governing the Issuance and Use of EastWest Credit Cards are hereby incorporated by reference and shall form an integral part of these Terms.